• Operation Smile in Ethiopia invests in sustainable development by participating in medical training and credentialing.
• Operation Smile in Ethiopia invites medical professionals to participate in hands-on training and lectures during each international medical mission.
• Educational missions are a great model for Ethiopian medical professionals to gain new knowledge, experiences, and skills.
• A variety of strategies are provided during a mission, from a formal medical conference to an informal workshop on a specific skill or technique.
• Educational programs typically address the medical specialties of: surgery, anesthesia, nursing, biomedical technology, speech pathology, dentistry, and child life specialty.
• At times, the educational mission or program will include a “Guest Educator” who is internationally recognized in their field.
• During a typical mission-based education program, as many as 100 in-country healthcare workers benefit.
• Operation Smile in Ethiopia has organized different medical education mission programs.